As written in my posts about myself, I'm very interested in both the arts as well as science. I believe that art and science are two sides of the same coin; While some may deem the two subjects total opposites, I consider them much more interconnected and complementary than we may have been led to believe. From my own experiences, I've concluded that science and art are just different ways in which people try to understand and describe the world.
Based off this concept of myself, I related my interests to topics covered in this class, and narrowed it down to Romanticism and Realism. These genres are very different from one another. One of the man differences between the two is that Romantic writing is often about nature, beauty, and the dramatic, whereas Realism often depicts ordinary, everyday experiences and societal problems. In the end, I chose to make my blog about Romanticism. While I felt that Realism could complement the more realistic and logical side of myself, I was overall not so interested in Realistic literature. The decision to write about Romanticism was simply because the content of these poems appealed to my sensibilities, and provided a sense of comfort and relaxation. Poems of the genre almost feel like an escape from the reality of daily life. “Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”
No comments:
Post a Comment